The quest to clear out the 2016 queue continues!
FIRST THINGS FIRST
I love Thailand!!! So much!!! After Japan (and the Philippines, of course), Thailand is my favorite country in Asia.
It’s like a bigger and more advanced Manila. The weather’s largely the same (a bit cooler, I think). But the metro’s so functional and the highways had less traffic. And the shopping! I want to go back every year just to buy clothes.
And, as always, thank you to my mom for funding this trip.
In Thailand, we lost:
- Money while shopping in Pratunam and eating all the food (seriously, I only had THB100 to spend the last day)
- It was only when I got back to Manila that my mom stated the obvious: I could have used my credit card all along. Ha!
- Our way… AT LEAST THRICE:
- Our cabbie (I think going from Bangkok to Bangna) couldn’t find our hotel or even the correct exit from the highway, so we spent 30 nauseating minutes going around U-turns. Tip to future self: Invest in a Thai phone number, and contact the hotel ASAP when something like this happens.
- Our tuktuk driver drove us through Chulalongkorn University unnecessarily, though I’m not sure if he ripped us off or he genuinely didn’t know where to take us.
- And on foot, we couldn’t find the flower market. Damn that flower market.
My chance at being called anything more than an Asian Octofinalist.Too soon? Too soon.
But at least we got photos (80% of which were of food/us eating). Top of my things-to-do-in-Thailand was finding the most photogenic plate of Pad Thai; I think I nailed it.
More photos under the cut!